Produced from a balanced blend of composted bark, coir, worm compost and wood fibre, this peat free & organic multi-purpose compost offers the best planting conditions making it ideal for use all around the garden. It provides a natural source of organic nutrients and minerals that will feed your plants for up to 6 weeks.
- Organic & peat-free compost
- Carefully blended for excellent moisture retention and drainage
- Feeds plants for up to 6 weeks
- Sizes 25L, 50L
- Product Details
How to use
First put on a pair of gloves and rework the compost between your hands, so it regains it’s intended texture. Then you’re all set.
Beds & Borders
• Dig a hole twice the size of root ball diameter and add a layer of compost.
• Place plant in hole and back fill with compost.
• Firm compost around plant and water well.
Pots, Containers & Hanging Baskets
• Choose container with adequate drainage holes. Place layer of grit in container and fill with compost. For hanging baskets, line basket with moss or liner and fill with compost.
• Plant with trailing plants around the edge and upright plants in the middle.
• Water well.
• Water plant well and allow to drain.
• Allow enough space to accommodate roots.
• Remove from pot and plant in new container, firming compost gently around the roots.
• Once fully planted, water well.
Handy Gardening Tips
• Store in a dry frost free place away from weed killers and other garden chemicals
• Reseal bag after use
• Not suitable for ericaceous (lime hating) plants
Seedlings / Pricking out
• Prick out seedlings once they are large enough to handle.
• Hold seedling by the leaves to avoid damage and gently tease the roots from the compost, using a dibber or pencil.
• Plant seedlings apart to allow for growth.
• Water regularly until seedlings are ready for potting-on.
• Fill seed tray evenly with compost, firm gently and water.
• Make sloping cut in stem of cutting, remove all bottom leaves and dip end of cutting in hormone rooting powder.
• Make hole in the compost with pencil or dibber.
• Place cutting into hole and firm compost gently around it.
• Cover tray with glass/polythene to prevent drying out and place in a warm spot out of direct sunlight, until cuttings have taken.
Why enrich with worm cast compost?
New Horizon composts and planters are now enriched with natural and beneficial worm cast compost bringing a new dimension to our blends. It provides friendly bacteria, mycorrhizal fungi and natural enzymes – a probiotic for plants! All of these elements combine to create an earthy compost that enables nutrients to be broken down and more quickly absorbed by plants:
Put simply worm cast compost:
• Improves compost fertility
• Enriches compost with beneficial microbes
• Builds plant health, vitality and immunity