Gro-Sure Smart Lawn Seed Shady & Dry is a blend of ultra shade resistant and drought tolerant seed varieties. This provides a very resilient grass that is capable of growing even under minimal sunlight. So its perfect if you have large trees or bushes covering sunlight from your lawn.
This premium blend of Gro-Sure Smart Lawn Seed Shady & Dry includes Aqua gel coated lawn seed. This coated seed actually soaks up to 400 times its weight in water and slowly releases moisture to the seed. Therefore, your lawn requires less watering that other lawn seed varities, as well as being extremely drought tolerant. Furthermore, this lawn seed has added mycorrhizal fungi that promotes growth of the root system to maximise water and nutrient uptake.
Don’t forget our Gro-Sure range of lawn seed is all colour matched too. So if you happen to forget which type you’ve used before, it doesnt matter! Every Gro-Sure product will give you the same colour!
- Capable of growing under minimal sunlight
- Maintains colour during summer
- Requires less watering
- With added Aqua gel coated seed for moisture absorption
- Drought tolerant seed varieties
- With added mycorrhizae fungi
- Promotes a strong root system
- Grows fast
- For best results use between March to October
- See our range of Gro-Sure Lawn Seed
- 20m2 Box
- Product Details
- How to Use
- Tips & Advice
Sow between March and October, but only when the soil temperature is between 10°C-18°C.
Clear away any debris and remove/kill weeds before sowing.
New Lawn or Patch Repair:
Dig over the soil to a depth of 20-25cm breaking down any lumps and firm soil by treading it.
Level out using a rake, creating a flat and even surface. For best results spread Gro-Sure® Lawn Seeding Soil over the surface to a 3-4 cm depth and level out.
Shake the box to mix up the lawn seed and apply at 40 grams per square metre using the built-in side applicator.
Revitalising an Existing Lawn:
Mow the lawn closely. If needed rake or scarify the area to open up the soil surface.
Fill any shallow holes with Westland Lawn & Turf Dressing and level out.
Shake the box to mix up the lawn seed and apply at 30 grams per square metre using the built-in side applicator.
To finish lightly rake to incorporate the lawn seed into the soil. Walk over or roll the sown area to press the lawn seed into the soil.
Water the area thoroughly using a fine-rose watering can or sprinkler, taking care not to wash the seeds away. In dry conditions, water daily to maintain soil moisture levels until seed germinates.
If you are using a lawn spreader, please check out our guide to Lawn Spreader Settings
Recommended Lawn Feeds
The overseeding of your existing lawn is an essential part of your annual lawn maintenance. All lawns are affected by the specific growing environment. This includes their level of use and general weather conditions. As a result of these conditions, its key to understand the basic principles of overseeding. Its also important to choose the right seed mix to achieve a greener and healthier lawn.
- To infill damaged, bare or thin patches, as well as worn areas to achieve a greater thickness
- All of our lawn seed is pantone matched. So it does not matter if you have used a previous seed product. The colour will be the same – overseeding will improve the colour of the lawn overall
- Reduce weeds and moss
When should I overseed my lawn:
The best time to do this is either in spring or autumn or both. Germination can take between 7 and 21 days so you will require the ideal conditions these seasons will bring.
Choosing the right seed:
- For shady and dry areas try our Gro-Sure Lawn Seed Shady & Dry
- For areas where your grass never seems to grow try our Gro-Sure Smart Lawn Seed
- If you need to germinate seeds quickly and in colder conditions try Gro-Sure Smart Lawn Seed Fast Start
- Our general lawn seed for all lawns is Gro-Sure Multi-Purpose Lawn Seed
- To achieve fast results use Gro-Sure Fast Acting Lawn Seed
- Areas of your lawn with lots of traffic try Gro-Sure Hardwearing Lawn Seed
- For a showstopper lawn try our Gro-Sure Fine & Luxurious Lawn Seed
How to overseed your lawn
- Mow your lawn to approx 25mm.
- Use a spring tine rake to break up and remove the layer of dead matted grass (thatch). If the depth opf the thatch is quite dense use a scaryfing rake, as this will ensure the seed make contact with the soil allowing it to germinate
- Using a garden fork or aerator to spike the lawn at 300mm intervals
- If your lawn has not been fed in the last 4 months we recommend feeding the lawn before overseeding. Your lawn can then be overseeded 3 to 4 days after applying lawn fertiliser. However, please note you will usually need to wait about 4 weeks after applying a feed, weed & moss killer. (Check the instructions on the product for this.)
- Sow the seed evenly across the lawn
- Our range of seed can be mixed with lawn seeding soil and applied to the lawn jointly. This will save a bit of time and effort working the topdressing and seed into the surface
- The seeded area must now be kept moist. Therefore, water your lawn after 2 or 3 days if no rain has fallen.
- Specific bare patches can be reseeded without treating the whole lawn. Apply the same procedure as above
- To protect specific areas from birds consider covering with netting or garden fleece. This should be removed when new shoots start to come through the soil
- Try to keep traffic on your freshly overseeded lawn to a minimum for 7 to 21 days
- Raise mowing heights to approximately 50mm for the initial 2 or 3 cuts, then reduce down to 25mm over the next 2 or 3 cuts
Always read the product label before use. For full safety information please see the product Safety Data Sheet (SDS).
Children and pets need NOT be excluded from treated areas
Store in a dry, frost free place away from children, pets and foodstuff.
Wash hands and exposed skin after use.
Gloves are recommended when handling this product
Use contents within season of purchase
For any questions or advice, please contact our technical advice line on 01480 443789 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm) or email email@example.com